Index of contents

Recruiter Hall of Shame index

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Every recruiter at Artech - New Jersey

Infuriation: hounding with phone calls and emails, ignoring their own "Unsubscribe" list and Do Not Call requests.

As submitted by victim:

"Recruiters at Artech, an Indian firm with U.S. HQ in New Jersey, must be fresh off the boat and new to telephoning. Whenever they get a job requisition, they go nuts with repeated phone calls. I've taken calls from one Artech recruiter followed _MINUTES_ later by another recruiter calling about the same req. Same with emails; in fact, I've emailed back to recruiter #2 pointing out that recruiter #1 just contacted me, and asking "Don't you guys even talk to each other?"

"They will call and hang up. One clown even had the nerve to email me, saying that he "tried to call me but got voice mail." DUH, idiot, you're supposed to leave a message because I can't take your call right now! I've received more than a call per hour in the course of two days, meaning 15-20 calls in two days, about the same job which usually isn't even a fit anyway. The number is always the same, because I tried to call for a manager to get them to cut it out, but the receptionist told me that the same number is shared by all recruiters and so they can't pinpoint who's calling me."

Editor update: We've personally unsubscribed several times from Artech emails, both by clicking their own link and by replying with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject lines. We have also told the last three calling recruiters not to contact us again. Artech persists.

1 comment:

  1. same here exactly! I think the sourcers back in India dial through the same NJ number, don't know exactly who's physically in the US and who's back in the home country. The hang-up calls seem to be a Indian thing.

    ReplyDelete